Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Art Basel Miami Beach

I am leaving tomorrow to attend Art Basel Miami Beach. This is the sister fair to Art Basel.
How to prepare for my first visit ?

I went to the website...and was overhelmed at first.

Then I printed the floor plan, and looked at the galleries and artists.

Well, it must be what it advertises... the biggest fair in the United States, 250 galleries and 2000 artists.

From A to Z the galleries, from A to Z the artists, the list was long and tedious.
What to do, I am not a professional, I am an amateur.

The site is almost dull in its presentation. Maybe the point is ...to get to the point and not get distracted.

No informations are available about the price to attend the fair, a day? two days? I am unable to buy the tickets on line...Oh well, we'll see.


Going to Miami is the only way to have an idea about the fair.

No comments: